How to Write Your Topic up as a Movie Pitch or Trailer:
* Be Brief + Detailed + Specific + Concise [1-2 minutes]
* Include significant information w/succinct language + Keyterms
* Set a Tone appropriate for the Topic!
* Incorporate Important Research Keyterms
* Write for a possible Audience . . . to Persuade them
* Use questioning or other hook strategies to draw an Audience in . . .
* Imply Motive (why is the topic/potential argument important?)
* Evoke Stance (To what extent am I invested in this topic+ why?
* Exhibit credible ethos, but be interesting, provocative, controversial
* An Audience should want to read the essay after hearing the Pitch!
* Note the Conversation(s) you are entering
* Gesture to a specific Thesis argument or possible arguments
* Don’t give it away! (No Argument Plot Summaries or Spoilers!)
You will present their Research Topic as a Movie Pitch or Movie Trailer in class on Monday, April 11th!
If you want to sound like Movie Man Voice!
Movie Pitch Text + Movie Trailer for The Last Sumurai
Space, the final frontier
These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise
Its five year mission
To explore strange new worlds
To seek out new life
And new civilizations
To boldly go where no man has gone before
Example Student Movie Pitch as a Movie Trailer